Daily habits such as the amount of activity and exercise you get throughout the day, the time you get to bed and the foods you eat have a considerable impact on your health. Each of these different behaviors will have either a negative or positive effect and dictate how mentally and physically healthy you are.
Dr. Dipti Shah is a leading internist in Las Vegas, NV. As a ‘general doctor for adults’ she treats a wide range of health conditions and maladies such as allergies, colds, aches, and pains, as well as chronic health conditions including:
- Sleep Disorders
- Heart Disease
- And More…
Dr. Dipti Shah is one of the most sought-after Internists in Las Vegas. At her private practice at Radar Medical, she treats patients that come in from across the region. If you are looking for a reliable, experienced and highly qualified internist, our center is the place to come to.
Dr. Shah strongly believes in the preventive health care approach. And so, when patients come to her for treatment, she doesn’t just treat the symptoms. She digs deeper and has detailed discussions with her patients about their lifestyle.
More often than not, health conditions that many modern-day people suffer from, are lifestyle-related. Inadequate exercise, excessive amounts of time indoors, sedentary lifestyles, fast food consumption, and erratic sleep patterns, cumulatively give rise to various health problems.
On The Path To Good Health
Dr. Shah recommends to her patients and people everywhere that they should make a concerted effort to make lifestyle changes that will have a positive impact on their health. She also states that developing a stable and healthy lifestyle is far more than just about focusing on habits that address specific health concerns or conditions.
By devoting your time and making an effort to follow healthy behaviors every single day, you can make sure that your entire body is always as healthy as possible and for as long as possible.
The Lifestyle, Habits, And Health Connect
Following a healthy lifestyle can impact various aspects of your health, such as:
- Your overall ability to maintain a healthy weight level
- The manner in which your physical and mental health change with age
- Your risks of developing a chronic disease
Developing regular, healthy lifestyle habits can catalyze a permanent change in your life. Based on your current wellness and fitness levels, specific behaviors can actually increase your energy levels. They can also help reverse the onset of disease, and improve your mood.
A Healthy Lifestyle- What You Need To Do To Achieve It
Making a conscious effort to adopt a much healthier lifestyle demands a fundamental change in various aspects of your life and this is never just a temporary shift. In order to become healthier from within, you’ll have to make a strong commitment to:
- Dietary Changes
- Behavioral Changes
- Psychological Changes
You might not realize that your everyday actions affect your health, both mental and physical. The very first move towards adopting healthy lifestyle changes is identifying what your current habits are. That will help you take steps to replace all those poor habits with behaviors that are more positive.
Time For a Lifestyle Change
- Nutrition Habits– The foods you consume have a direct influence on your health. Instead of eating just to feel full, focus more on eating healthy foods to benefit your digestive health, increase your overall energy levels, and improve your health.
- Physical Activity– Maintaining a physically active lifestyle can go a long way in helping you maintain healthy body composition and weight. This reduces the risk of obesity-related medical conditions. In fact, staying active also helps you maintain the health of your joints, bones, and muscles with age.
- Hydration Habits– Make sure that you drink plenty of water throughout the day. Dr. Shah recommends that men should have a daily intake of at least 3 liters/14 cups of fluids and women should consume at least 2.2 liters/9 cups. Stay away from sodas or juices and veer towards water to keep your body well-hydrated throughout the day.
- Daily Supplements– Vitamins, herbs & nutrients are major supporters of wellness and health. Your doctor would be able to tell you which supplements you should take to keep you healthy and your body adequately nourished.
- Managing Stress – Stress tends to trigger a survival response which may prove to help you in the short-term. However, if it persists for longer periods of time, that can prove to be extremely damaging to your health. You can learn yoga and meditation and practice relaxing, yet energizing activities like Tai-Chi etc. These practices help you retain your physical and mental health.
- Sleep Habits– The total amount of sleep and rest you get every night will dictate your feelings of mental alertness and your energy levels. Adequate sleep will also make you feel more enthusiastic and improve your ability to maintain healthy weight. It’s important to get at least seven to nine hours of restful sleep each night.
Top-Rated Internal Medicine Center In Las Vegas
Dr. Dipti Shah strongly believes that when it comes to your health, the lifestyle choices you make are far more dominant than your genetic makeup. At Radar Medical, the best internal medicine center in Las Vegas, Dr. Shah will provide you tailored advice on which lifestyle changes you need to make.
The advice she gives will be provided after gaining a full understanding of your medical history, your lifestyle, and habits. If you are currently suffering from some health condition, she will provide appropriate treatment and direction. She will also tell you which lifestyle changes you need to make alongside the medical treatment, in order to speed up your recovery process.
Even small behavior changes can make a substantial change in your life and your mind and body will truly thank you for it. For any more information about the best internal medicine Las Vegas services at Radar Medical feel free to call us at 702 644 0500 or get in touch through our Contact Us form.