Neurology is a study of the nervous system and a neurologist treats ailments affecting this system. Experienced neurologists handle a wide range of diseases that impact your nerves. These diseases can impact motor function, cause pain, and hamper a patient’s lifestyle. At Radar Medical, we have handled several neurological health concerns and are familiar with the process of diagnostics and treatments.
What is Neurology?
The nervous system is divided into two broad categories and treatments for these categories can differ. Here’s a look at the two different aspects:
- Brain and Spine – Brain and spine related disorders like headaches, brain injuries, seizures, sciatica, etc., all require the attention of an experienced neurologist. They will diagnose the underlying cause of the concern and recommend effective treatments.
- Other Neural Elements – Other neural elements include eyes, ears, skin, and any similar organ that “senses” the environment. Most brain and spine neurologists will accurately diagnose issues in this field but doctors who specialize in brain and spine might recommend another medical professional for treatment.
Diseases Neurologists Treat
Neurology is a very complex field of study because this is a complex system. Problems with nerves have a big impact on the overall health of a patient and can make their life more complicated. For example, a patient with debilitating migraines might not be able to function for several hours if they’re not provided medical aid.
Neurologists can diagnose and treat a wide array of illnesses related to the brain and spine. Usually, a general physician or an internist will refer you to one if they find there’s something wrong with your nervous system.
Our Neurologist – Dr. Russell Shah
Dr. Shah has vast experience in the field and is a qualified brain and spine neurologist. He uses the latest in electro diagnostics to determine the underlying cause of your medical concern before offering effective solutions. Here’s a look at the type of illnesses he can treat:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – This is a repetitive stress injury that happens to patients who repeat certain hand motions regularly. For example, people who type regularly, play the piano, etc., are likely to develop carpal tunnel syndrome. Unsurprisingly, it is a common injury in these modern times and Dr. Shah will provide effective treatment for it.
- Brain injury – Brain injury can be caused by a fall, accidents, sudden impact to the head, etc. Injury to the brain can cause a wide range of problems and affect patients both mentally and physically. Dr. Russell Shah will determine the extent of the injury and offer solutions.
- Sciatica – These is a pain running down the sciatic nerves in your legs and lower back and is common in people who sit for a long time and put pressure on their sciatic nerve. It is treatable through medication and therapy.
Other diseases handled by the doctor include neuropathy, pinched nerves, neck and low back pain, and radiculopathy.
If you want to know more about our services, don’t hesitate to call Radar Medical at 702 644 0500 or get in touch through our contact us form.