It’s common for people to consult specialists when they are suffering from any medical problems. Many people often access information on their insurance provider’s website. This is used to identify which doctors are included or excluded from the network.
However, since there are a large number of specialties, it’s likely that you will end up referring yourself to the incorrect specialist. This results in the wrong diagnosis, delayed diagnosis or an incorrect treatment plan. You could just end up wasting your money and time.
Getting started in the right direction is about identifying the best doctor capable of treating your particular condition or symptom. Start by consulting an experienced and a reputable internist in Las Vegas like Dr. Dipti Shah at Radar Medical.
What Does An Internist in Las Vegas, NV Do?
An Internist is essentially a ‘general doctor for adults.’ A Las Vegas Internal Medicine doctor could also be referred to as a ‘Primary Care Physician’, or a ‘Generalist’. They aren’t surgeons and do not perform any surgeries. An internist will:
- Perform physical exams
- Analyze patient history
- Make a thorough diagnosis
- Prescribe medications to treat the disease or condition
They often treat sore throats, aches & pains, allergies & colds, upper respiratory infections, indigestion, and high blood pressure. In addition, they can treat various chronic conditions such as:
- Sleep Disorders
- Heart Disease
- Flu Shots
- And More.
Internal Medicine Training
Internists also undergo specialized training. The physician’s training will determine the specialty. After they complete medical school, the doctors are required to complete a residency. The residency can last anywhere between three to nine years.
The three different residencies are Internal Medicine, Ob/GYN, or Pediatrics. After residency, most doctors will further their education in their focused area. This sub-specialization is a fellowship which involves another two to four years of training.
Internal Medicine Subspecialties
There are a number of different subspecialties in internal medicine:
- Pulmonology– A pulmonologist is a lung doctor that focuses on conditions such as emphysema/chronic bronchitis and asthma. They also have the expertise to treat various sleep disorders and related conditions such as sleep apnea.
- Endocrinology- An endocrinologist is a gland and hormone doctor. These doctors treat diseases related to the thyroid gland (either under/over-active thyroid), hormone conditions and diabetes.
- Cardiology– A cardiologist is a blood vessel and a heart doctor. These medical experts help prevent heart attacks and treat patients that have had heart attacks. They also treat a condition referred to as Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).
- Gastroenterology– A gastroenterologist or gastrointestinal doctor is a digestive system specialist. They treat diseases and conditions related to the stomach, esophagus, small intestine, large intestine, liver, and pancreas.
- Hepatology– A hepatologist treats liver-related diseases and focuses on the treatment of severe/chronic liver conditions. These include Hepatitis C, B or A as well as individuals that have suffered a liver failure and require a liver transplant.
- Hematology/Oncology- A hematologist or oncologist treats cancer patients as well as ones with blood disorders. These two sub-specialties are typically combined, but these doctors are not considered surgeons.
Aside from these, the other subspecialties are rheumatology, immunology, infectious disease, geriatrics, and nephrology.
The Best Las Vegas Nephrology Clinic
Dr. Shah is a renowned internist and nephrologist in Las Vegas. She is well-respected and highly qualified with extensive experience in these medical fields. After attending a 6-year, combined and accelerated BS/MD medical program at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, she graduated with both degrees in 1994. Post this, she finished her Internal Medicine internship & residency at Rush University’s St. Luke’s Medical Center.
At Radar Medical, Dr. Dipti Shah provides comprehensive, premium care for a wide range of medical conditions. It is one of the top-rated internal medicine centers in Las Vegas. It has state-of-the-art equipment and technology used in diagnosing medical conditions and diseases. Dr. Shah also provides sound advice on various lifestyle changes that are effective in improving patient health.
Best Primary Care Doctor Las Vegas
Dr. Dipti Shah treats adult patients of various ages and offers in-depth assistance on complex cases involving kidneys. Since Dr. Shah is an internist but can also be your regular primary care doctor. This allows her to treat a variety of illnesses. She helps manage chronic health concerns such as such as high cholesterol levels, blood pressure, chronic pain, migraines and more.
She is very methodical in her approach to treating patients. She is well-known for her patience and effectiveness in treating a variety of diseases and medical conditions. If you’re looking for a highly qualified, experienced and reliable Las Vegas Nephrologist, please visit Dr. Dipti Shah at Radar Medical.
Dr. Shah’s experience & skills have earned her several accolades and appointments in different medical organizations. In the year 2013, Governor Brian Sandoval appointed her to the Nevada Board of Health. After the 2017 term, she was reappointed on the board and will continue to hold that position until 2021.
We are very effective with what we do and place our patients and their wellbeing above all else. For outstanding patient care and world-class nephrology and internal medicine services, feel free to call us for an appointment today.