Strokes can have life-long consequences on your body, and some strokes can be fatal. That’s why it’s essential to get treatment immediately. Patients experience a stroke if there’s a disruption of blood supply to their brain. The symptoms can vary based on the affected area of the brain.
This makes it necessary to be familiar with the warning signs. Dr. Russell Shah at Radar Medical, Las Vegas’ best Neurology clinic, always encourages patients and their loved ones to be vigilant. He says that timely intervention is the best way to improve the chances of recovery. Here’s a look at some of the warning signs:
There are three visible signs of a stroke, and if you see any of them in a loved one, call emergency services immediately. These signs are:
- F – Face Drooping – If you notice a person’s face drooping to one side, ask them to smile. If the smile is lopsided, there are experiencing a stroke and need immediate medical attention.
- A – Arm Weakness – Ask the patient to lift both of their arms. If they can only lift one arm or if one arm is lower than the other, it is clear that one part of their brain isn’t functioning correctly.
- S – Speech Difficulty – If the patient’s speech is slurred or if they’re unable to speak at all, they might be experiencing a stroke. Ask them to repeat a simple sentence to test their ability to speak.
- T – Time to Call – If the patient has a poor response and displays worrying symptoms, contact emergency services immediately. Delay can place their life at risk.
If you act quickly, the doctor will have more time to stabilize the patient and save their life. Once they are stable, the patient can undergo further treatment in the form of physical, speech, and mental therapy.
Other Signs and Symptoms
There are several other symptoms to keep in mind. A stroke can affect any part of the brain and damage different nerves. Here’s a look at what you should look out for:
- General confusion
- Blurred or unsteady vision
- Problems with balance and changes in the gait
- Memory loss
- Changes in mood and behavior
- Severe headaches
- Numbness and tingling sensation
- Muscle stiffness
- Problems with swallowing
- Involuntary eye movements
- Loss of sensation in certain parts of the body
- Partial or total paralysis
- Nausea or vomiting
If the patient experiences any of these symptoms, it is vital to get them to the hospital immediately. Even mild strokes can cause damage to the brain and nerves. Symptoms of mild stroke dissipate naturally without treatment, but that doesn’t mean you should avoid visiting the doctor. Stroke survivors also need to get follow-up treatments from the best neurologist in Las Vegas, like Dr. Shah, to ensure they’re on the track to recovery.
The Best Neurology Clinic in Nevada
Dr. Russell Shah specializes in the treatment of neurological problems. He has several years of experience in this field and worked with reputed neurological treatment centers before starting his practice. The doctor is known for his extensive experience, vast knowledge, and calm demeanor. Over the years, he has treated patients with other ailments such as:
- Brain injury
- Neck and low back pain
- Pinched nerves
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
People struggling with different types of neurological conditions come to us at Radar Medical from far and wide for the best diagnosis, advice, and treatment. Dr. Russell Shah is considered the best neurologist in Las Vegas. He will offer expert advice and outstanding medical treatment, so you get on the path to recovery faster.