Chronic diseases and disorders have a significant impact on a patient’s lifestyle and mental well-being. They need to plan every aspect of their life around the disorder, which can sometimes be extremely challenging. For example, the symptoms of conditions like Multiple Sclerosis are unpredictable or manifest themselves randomly in patients.
The National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke states that 250,000-350,000 people in the US have Multiple Sclerosis. Experienced neurologists in Las Vegas, like Dr. Russell Shah, develop tailored treatments for their MS patients to ensure they’re comfortable.
Impact on Life
At Radar Medical, we have seen that MS can stay hidden for several years as patients don’t experience many symptoms during the early stages. Unfortunately, by the time the symptoms surface, and the patients seek medical help from Las Vegas neurologists, the condition can be painful and overwhelming. Here are some of the most common symptoms people experience:
- Constant fatigue affects every aspect of a patient’s life, and makes them feel both physically and mentally tired, which has a considerable impact on their lifestyle.
- Pain and discomfort are also common side-effects that can limit mobility and make day-to-day activities challenging.
- Many of the symptoms can surface without warning and often leave the patient in a worse condition than before.
MS patients are prone to developing mental health problems like depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. These can exacerbate their condition and diminish their quality of life. It’s why they need to attend several appointments with a neurologist in Las Vegas, NV, to stay on top of their health.
Living Well with MS
It is possible to live a relatively active and meaningful life with MS if you have a sound support system. Radar Medical, the best neurologist in Las Vegas, NV, can provide comprehensive treatment that encompasses all aspects of the patient’s life. Here’s a look at what patients should do:
- Exercise – Daily exercise and physical therapy can help keep the body active, ease stiffness and discomfort, and manage the pain. You can engage in low-impact exercises and participate in activities like cooking, gardening, and swimming that don’t consume a lot of energy.
- Healthy Food – A balanced diet with low-fat and high-fiber dishes can ease bowel or bladder control issues and help you stay healthy. They can also help with high blood pressure, blood sugar levels, and other such concerns. It is best to visit Radar Medical, The renowned Las Vegas Neurology Center to get some advice before starting on a diet.
- Avoid Smoking and Drinking – Alcohol consumption and smoking can worsen MS symptoms and cause more damage to an already weakened system. The chemicals can also interact with your current medication poorly and affect its potency.
- Cognitive Health – Degenerative diseases like MS take a significant toll on the patient’s mental health. It is vital to keep an eye out for the warning signs and have a support system to help during spirals.
MS Treatment at Las Vegas’ Best Neurology Clinic
Dr. Russell Shah is a leading neurologist who uses a range of Multiple Sclerosis evaluation procedures, including:
- Cerebral spinal fluid analysis (lumbar puncture/ spinal tap)
- Evoked potentials
- Blood tests
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Expert evaluation and correct diagnosis of the condition is all about the doctor’s skill and the equipment they use. We are a modern neurology center in Las Vegas that uses state-of-the-art technology in our work.
Dr. Shah will carry out various tests to diagnose whether the patient has Multiple Sclerosis. Based on the test and examination findings, he will create a comprehensive treatment plan that will help in better management of the condition.
MS patients should visit Radar Medical regularly to keep track of their health. Dr. Russell Shah is considered the best neurologist in Las Vegas and will offer expert advice and compassionate support to all patients.