A general physician is the first stop for patients seeking diagnosis and treatment for common medical issues. If a General Practitioner finds their patient has a condition they’re not qualified or equipped to handle, they refer them to a specialist. If you show evidence of a neurological concern, your GP will refer you to one of the best neurological clinics in Las Vegas, like Radar Medical. The neurologist would be able to provide more comprehensive treatment.
Dr. Russell Shah is an experienced and qualified neurologist who can handle all kinds of concerns in this field and provide effective solutions. At Radar Medical, we offer excellent medical care and reliable support to all our patients in comfortable, hygienic, and state-of-the-art settings.
Who is a Neurologist?
A neurologist is a medical professional qualified to treat ailments that affect the brain, spine, and connected nerves. They handle everything from chronic headaches to seizures. Dr. Shah is known for his medical skills and is undoubtedly the best neurologist in Las Vegas. He will provide comprehensive treatment that involves medicines, physical and mental therapy, and lifestyle changes.
He will carry out a detailed medical examination and conduct tests as required. The doctor will also study your symptoms and recommend the best treatment plan. Dr. Shah also works with his patient’s primary care provider to ensure the patient recovers well. If you have any neurological disorder, he may even become your primary medical care provider.
Being Referred to the Neurologist
General physicians may refer their patients to a neurologist if they see any symptoms that affect the nervous system. They will look for problems like:
- Muscle Weakness – The GP will test your ability to move specific parts of your body like your legs and arms. If they notice any mobility problems, they will refer you to a specialist like Dr. Russell Shah at Radar Medical. It is Las Vegas’ most renowned neurology center.
- Dizziness – The patient should visit a neurologist if they feel dizzy and uncoordinated. If patients aren’t able to maintain proper balance, their brain, spinal cord, or nervous system might be compromised.
- Tingling or Numbness – Unusual sensations in the extremities can be a symptom of damaged or compressed nerves. If you experience any numbness or a tingling sensation that doesn’t go away with some exercise or activity, you need to visit a neurologist.
- Cognitive Issues – Mental issues like confusion, memory loss, lack of focus, and an inability to recognize faces, etc. are signs of mental degeneration. The patient needs an appointment at the best neurology clinic in Las Vegas immediately.
- Seizures – Seizures cause considerable damage to the brain and can lead to life-long disabilities. A patient needs comprehensive treatment and support to regain control of their life.
- Severe or chronic pain – Chronic pain can disrupt your lifestyle and lead to other disorders like depression and anxiety. It is essential to manage it safely and effectively. A qualified and experienced neurologist can help with that.
- Persistent Headaches – Persistent headaches like migraines also require neurological treatments. Every patient has different triggers and requires a customized treatment plan. A neurologist can offer better treatment for chronic headaches than a GP.
The Best Neurology Clinic in Las Vegas
Patients should visit Radar Medical for issues like nervous system infections, neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease, degenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s disease, brain, and spinal cord injuries, epilepsy, and other such ailments.
People struggling with neurological problems can come to us at Radar Medical for the best diagnosis, advice, and treatment. Dr. Russell Shah is considered the best neurologist in Las Vegas. He is known for his excellence in the field and treats all manner of neurological conditions.